Grinnell Regional Medical Center reports that it received more than $1.5 million in 2014 through gifts to the Moving at the Speed of Life comprehensive campaign, the annual fund drive, memorials, and special events.
“The level of commitment and support for our community hospital is very strong,” says Denise Lamphier, GRMC director of communications and development. “All of us who rely on GRMC for our healthcare benefits greatly from this generosity of spirit.”
As a way of expressing gratitude, GRMC staff produced a video highlighting the many ways in which the entire community benefitted from giving to the medical center. The video can be found at www.grmc.us. Go to the “news” column and click on “Thank You For Making a Difference.”
While the spotlight has been focused on the Moving at the Speed of Life comprehensive campaign, the ongoing community needs underwritten by the annual fund drive continues. In 2014, GRMC donors contributed $106,405 to the annual fund drive for ongoing community projects such as the Grinnell Regional Community Care Clinic, bike helmets for area third graders, the GRMC Babies Room, and other annual operating needs.
More than $1.4 million was raised for capital projects and equipment purchases through the Moving at the Speed of Life comprehensive campaign in the past year. The new Paul W. Ahrens Fitness Center at Postels Community Health Park in downtown Grinnell was funded solely through charitable donations.
To date, GRMC has raised nearly $3.2 million in gifts and pledges for the Moving at the Speed of Life comprehensive campaign to:
· Modernize the emergency department and create an urgent care clinic.
· Enhance the chemotherapy and infusion services.
· Purchase state-of-the-art robotic surgery equipment and a new CT scanner.
· Renovate Postels Community Health Park to accommodate a growing wellness program.
· Establish an endowment for Grinnell Regional Mental Health Center.
· Replace equipment for obstetrics and radiology departments, patient rooms, and nutrition services.
For additional information about supporting GRMC, contact Lamphier at 641-236-2589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.